Saturday, November 10, 2007

Loneliness...

Shocking word right? Usually we associate this with something wrong but is not always like that, all of us have felt it before and we will feel it again in a future and in my case I just felt it a couple of hours ago after walking through the city center on my way back home.

I don't feel bad or anything like that and it is not related to me moving 14.000km away from my previous life. It is something that happened here, in Caracas and in Barquisimeto and that is not necessarily related to have people around you, I just think is a state of the mind and body at certain moment... but every time I feel it I try to see the bright side of it and today for example I decided to write about this.

Loneliness may sound bad but it gives you time to think about yourself and the world that surrounds you, it is also good to get to know what you like and what you don't like because everything is up to you in that moment.

I think I felt like this a few times in Caracas since it was my first time out of my hometown in a big, dangerous and stressful city like Caracas, but I learned so much in those moments, and all those things are really useful for me right now and I am pretty sure I will also use them in a future...

It comes to my mind one time I was inside one of those buses in Caracas on my way home after work, a lot of people in the bus, 6pm, huge traffic jams as usual there, everyone is dirty because of sweating the entire day and all of the sudden I started to feel really sad and lonely in the middle of the chaos... I stopped and took a good look around and saw the posters on the city and the places and the people... and right there I thought that it was my choice to feel good or bad at any point of my life, and it is up to me to see the bright side of each situation... and at that moment I chose to enjoy the music in my ears from my mp3 player, the people in the bus and the view of the city and I felt happy controlling what it was supposed to be a bad evening.

Right now I keep doing it, every time I start to feel sad I analyze the situation, I take a look around, I hear the music in my ears and everything is fixed, I feel happy again walking along the river, looking at the lights on the old town and the snow falling on my face and then I thank God because of everything...

3 comments:

eliza said...

Luis, I'm so happy to know you:)

NANDO said...

ey luisfer! asi se habla nojoda!!! jejejejeje y asi se enfrentan las cosas en la vida porque de eso se trata, de momentos buenos y malos, y bueno de sacarle el jugo a ambos porque lamentablemente son muy cortos, tanto los buenos como los malos, y realmente esos momentos son los que hacen sentirte vivo! un abrazo hermano, te quiero mucho y me siento super orgulloso de que seas mi hermano!

Black man said...

Hope you are enjoying your Life!
Well, you wrote this on 2007. But on the search 'loneliness', i got this thread today, twenty first of may, two thousand and ten. I belive you are enjoying the Life. All my wishes for your every steps. Write me to 'man.in.black.vib@gmail.com' if you found any time. I will be happy to hear your words. Ciao!!