Sunday, November 25, 2007

The best movie ever…

I am not a movie fan, as a matter of fact I have to think two or three times before sitting a couple of hours in front of the TV, but last week in Kalmar I spent one night alone in the apartment, so I went to a small fast food restaurant near the place and bought a “Chicken Pasta Salad”, to give you an idea about it, picture a big bowl with five hundred grams of cheese, tomato, lettuce and chicken, then with everything ready I sat on the living room with my laptop and decided to watch “Jerry Maguire”.

Yeap the best movie ever, at least that’s what I think :P the guy is on the top and everybody loves him, he has money, ladies and a great job, then he starts doing what he feels is good and he ends up on the bottom, after that he spends the rest of the movie fixing problems and in between he finds love and a new meaning for his life.

I just love the idea of someone fighting and living for what he really believes, even though that means losing part of the comfort zone that everyone likes. I think we should all sit down at least once in our lives and write down our own mission statement, not a memo, a mission statement (as Jerry says on the movie) about what we believe, what we like and don’t like and what we really want to do in this world, without caring about what everybody thinks and finally losing the ability to bullshit, and maybe then if we truly fight for our mission statement we’ll become great, “Hanging our balls out there”.

Anyway, it’s a great movie and after watching it many times I never get tired of it, and now to close this post I will leave here the best phrase of the movie by Jerry’s mentor, the great Dicky Fox:

“Hey I don’t have all the answers… in life, to be honest, I’ve failed just as much as I’ve succeeded but I love my wife, I love my life and I wish you my kind of success”

Have fun ;)

No comments: