Thursday, October 25, 2007

Helping animals in Venezuela


The last few days I have been involved with PETA trying to help at least by signing petitions and sending information to friends about the actions around the world to help animals, while doing this I was contacted by a Venezuelan friend who was really interested in doing something about it, but besides that she also wanted to help and get active in Venezuela, that made me really happy because at least one person is interested in taking actions in my country and of course I did some research on the internet to find information about something like PETA but in my country, it seems that we have APROA (AsociaciĆ³n Pro Defensa de los Animales) and they have been really active for many years, the website has a lot of information about campaigns, previous accomplishments, current complaints, some legal help, lost pets and foster animals.

Now to close this post I will publish the info also in Spanish to my Venezuelan friends:

Hey saludos a todos ;)

Varias personas me respondieron el mail sobre el maltrato de animales con interes de unirse a la campana en contra de estas practicas y ademas me preguntaron por organizaciones similares a PETA pero en Venezuela para participar y colaborar, esto me parecio mucho mejor ya que podemos ayudar en nuestro pais para acabar con esto y luego de enviarle un mail a la gente de PETA y recibir respuesta hoy, termine en este website:

http://www.aproa.org.ve/


De la AsociaciĆ³n Pro Defensa de los Animales, en el website pueden encontrar correos en caso de querer contactarlos, informacion sobre las activiades, pueden realizar denuncias, recibir apoyo legal, hay informacion sobre campanas y pues todo lo necesario para hacer algo al respecto, espero les sirva de ayuda a aquellos que quieren participar y no solo ver lo que pasa y quejarse de las cosas malas que pasan en el pais... y de nuevo como decia Einstein:

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8jw-ifqwkM

Saludos

No comments: