Monday, October 8, 2007

Eating arepas in Estonia!

Yeap that's it, Arepas, the thing I was missing so much from Venezuela, the main meal every day in breakfast, lunch and dinner in my country. I am so lucky that the Russians also use corn flour (I don't know why) and this weekend doing some shoppings in a mall near my place I found the magic flour...


Of course is not our beloved Harina P.A.N but what the hell I am 14.000Km away from a "Central Madeirense" (popular Venezuelan marketplace) and just because of that it taste like heaven :)


The taste is not exactly like Harina P.A.N. it is more like the other brand (I don't remember right now) in Venezuela that we had to buy when it was really hard find good products. Besides I had to fry the arepas because the pan has a really crappy Teflon so everything gets stucked there.


I had my typical Sunday breakfast with some tuna with sweet corn, sour milk (creama de leche pero un pelo inspida), ham and cheese. And if you are wondering why the arepas look like something else, well is because the corn flour is not the same so basically it was really hard to keep the rounded shape in the pan while frying them.




And now for all of you in some other country different than Venezuela that may had never seen an arepa before, here is the way they should look and besides the real Harina P.A.N and some butter.


And to close this post I'll show you the thing I'm going eat on my next trip to Barquisimeto, the fabulous and tasty Arepa de Carretera (road Arepa)!!!!


No comments: