Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Santka Lucia in Kalmar

This was my second trip to Kalmar and this time besides getting a new job challenge for year 2008 I also had the opportunity to watch a Swedish Christmas tradition, Santa Lucia. It is suppose to happen every 13th of December and it is related to the Sicilian Saint Lucia for some unknown reasons, at least no one in the office knew why, and actually it doesn't make sense at all because the Swedish are mostly protestan.

Anyway the tradition is that the girls from school dress up in white and they go singing around the town with candles on their hands and there is one girl representing Saint Lucia and the difference is that she has the candles on her head. I was in the office and they came to visit us and of course I took my camera and recorded the moment, take a look…


1 comment:

NANDO said...

excelente luis, lei varios blogs tuyos estan finos, el mensaje de la pared del muchacho indu esta super arrecho,